Scrapping Influential People In Our Lives | DOODLEBUG DESIGN

Thursday, April 5, 2018

So often we find ourselves creating layouts of our children and/or pets yet our lives are full of many influential people that we can also be thankful for. In all the years I have been crafting I think I have created a layout of my Mum once prior to this, yet we talk every couple of days so she is a big part of my life.


We recently celebrated her 80th birthday and she looked so lovely in her outfit that I wanted to create this page for her as a keepsake of the day. And because I wanted to frame the layout I decided to 'go all out' and do a punched flower background in all the fall colours of the 'Flea Market' collection.


Row upon row upon row of teeny retro flowers and a back ache from leaning over for too long...


Once the bed of flowers was complete for the background I started adding layers behind my photograph using patterned paper from the Flea Market collection and added a couple of border trim pieces around the edges from the Flea Market This & That sticker sheet.


I then built up clusters of flowers to create focal points around the photo giving the layout a look of balance and tying the colours and textures together. I think I used up every last flower from the Flea Market Icons Sticker Sheet.  My title 'Mumsy' was created using the Stone Grey Swiss Dot Petite Print and my Silhouette Cameo.


I hope I've given you some inspiration to think about creating pages of people you don't normally scrap. Especially those that have such an important role in shaping who we are today.


Melinda Spinks


No comments:

Post a Comment