Stepping outside the box!

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Today I'm opening my post with a question... Do you have a style of scrapping that you stick to or do you break your own rules and just 'wing-it'. I never really thought about 'style' and whether or not I had one until I was filing my layouts into an album and almost every page had an all white background. It got me to thinking that perhaps I needed to break away from this repetition and 'dare' myself to use an all patterned background.


I was spoilt for choice with all the gorgeous patterned papers in the 'Fun In The Sun' collection but I must admit I did find it difficult to get my head around using patterns. I nearly caved and went for the white but I stayed strong.


I don't know if you would call stitching a particular part of anyone's style but it's something that I love doing on most of my layouts. At first I thought the patterned paper would be more than enough without having to add stitching but in the end I succumbed and added it anyway. Some habits are hard to break.


Now let me just make mention of the brand new 'Odds & Ends': it's a small packet of non-adhesive die-cut pieces that will have you wondering where your restraint has gone.



So, who is going to try a break away from their usual 'style' and create a layout that is completely opposite to what you would normally do?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment